Maternity trousers refashion
First a little announcement. I’m pregnant – 5 months indeed. Its been good so far. I have been lucky in terms of morning sickness and the likes. Even though I still just look like I have a bit of a muffin top I am starting to have issues with getting trousers on. Even the most generous trousers in my wardrobe won’t fasten anymore. So I had a trawl of the internet to find tutorials and ideas for making/refashioning your own maternity trousers.
Here are some pictures of my first attempt. It was not a success. They fall down all the time. So I have to add some fabric and maybe elastic band to the top of them. But I will let you see them for now.
I have added a list of tutorials at the bottom if you want to try and make your own. Another great site to visit is diy maternity by Megan Nielsen where there is loads of lovely inspiration to have on different diy clothing items. Do go check it out!
- DIY maternity pants by Meg from diy maternity
- Maternity pants tutorial from Grosgrain Fabulous
- Maternity dress pants conversion tutorial by Ann from Sew Paradise
- Converted Maternity Pants Tutorial by Jodell from Modest Maven
- Easy maternity jeans tutorial by Sarah from Create Studio
- Maternity pants tutorial by Jess from If only they would nap
- How to convert jeans into maternity by Jessica from SewChic\
- Maternity Jeans by Mauri from Staker Family Circus