I stumbled upon this dress a couple of years ago at Hepwrights Vintage shop. They had a bin with £1 clothes that needed refashioning and I fell in love with the colour and the quality of the silk in this dress. OK so there was a serious sweat patch issue that needed to be dealt with. But I got stuck in with my seam ripper and came up with the dress bellow.
Apart from the original dress I have added a few meters of lining from a friends wedding dress to make the bubble effect in the skirt. I also added some new buttons, courtesy of another friends Grandmother. The pearly beads on the skirt are from a necklace I found in a charity shop which I threaded through the finished skirt in a haphazard way. The lace is from my own ever-growing collection.