I had this wonderful recipe from my friend. It is easy to make. Tastes wonderful. Keeps in the fridge for weeks. A great gift to bring along to any dinner party or hide it away at home to snack on when no-one is around.
- 200g Walnuts
- 150ml Honey
- 100ml Cognac
- 200 g walnut, in halves or coarsely chopped or a mix of both.
- Place the walnuts in a bowl, pour hot water over them and leave for 5 min. Drain.
- Heat 150 g honey +50 ml of water in a pot.
- Add the walnuts and simmer at low heat for 5 min.
- Add 100 ml of cognac and reheat.
- Pour in sterilized glasses and leave to cool. Store in fridge.
Serve cold with cheese. Tastes wonderfully with a good brie and fresh baguette or with a blue cheese.
Hope you will enjoy this as much as I do.
Greetings from Birthe